COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The promoter is Cat Store (NZBN 9429047258327)
2. This is a game of skill. Entries will be judged based on the number of likes generated by an entry. The judge’s decision is final.
3. All figures are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Only one entry per entrant is permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
6. The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
7. The competition commences at 5:00pm New Zealand Time (“NZDT”) on 6/02/2019 and ends at 11:59pm NZDT on 13/02/2019.
8. (“Promotion Period”). Cat Store reserves the right to extend the competition dates at its discretion.
To enter, Eligible Entrants, during the Promotional Period must:
Enter as follows;
In the comment section of the Facebook post that goes live at 5pm NZDT on 6/02/2019, entrants must share a Photo (selfie) with their Valentine as per the instructions in the post. Entries close at 11:59pm NZDT 13/02/2019. Entrants must also like and follow the Cat Store Facebook page.
In the comment section of the Instagram post that goes live at 5pm NZDT on 6/02/2019, entrants must tag 3 friends and follow the Cat Store Instagram page. The entrant must also post a selfie with their valentine and include the hash tag included in the post.
(i) Incomprehensible or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. By submitting an entry, you hereby grant permission for your entry to be posted on www.catstore.co.nz, in Cat Store marketing communications (print or electronic) or Cat Store social channels (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram). The winner will be drawn by random draw, unless otherwise specified in the social media post, from the eligible entries as soon as possible after the close of the competition.
(ii) Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The value of the prize is accurate as at the date of the construction of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date.
10. Competition winners on the Promoter's page will be notified in the comments section of the competition post and, where possible, also privately messaged using the social media platforms private messaging system. Winners will then be asked to provide their full contact details to the Promoter in order to arrange delivery or collection of the prize.
11. The Winner will have 24 hours to accept the prize by responding to the private message or by replying in the comments or otherwise contacting the Promoter through the Promoter's page. After the 24 hour period if no contact has been made, another entry will be drawn. The previous winner's prize will be forfeit after the 24 hour period has passed. The Promoter will continue to draw winners every 24 hours until the prize has been claimed. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If a Prize (or any part of them) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the promotion. The Promoters accept no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by any winner or any other party if the prize (or any part of it) is unavailable for any reason.
13. Prizes will be delivered within 60 business days of the competition end date.
14. Entrants’ consent to the Promoters using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
15. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters, and their associated agencies and companies and the agencies, and any companies associated with this promotion, will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) by any person in connection, either directly or indirectly, with this promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities undertaken while engaging in the prize package. The Promoters accept no liability for any tax issues that arise from winning a prize in this promotion. Winners should consult an independent tax advisor if necessary.
16. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoters, their associated agencies and companies, and the agencies, vet clinics, and any companies associated with this promotion, will not be liable for any damage to the prize during transit or be liable for any damage that occurs to the prize once received by the prize winner.
17.The Promoters, their associated agencies and companies, and the agencies, vet clinics and any companies associated with this promotion, will not be responsible for: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter(s)) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters.
18. The Promoters, in their sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoters in their sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
20. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
21. Cat Store will collect and hold all entrants’ personal information in order to organise their participation in the promotion, determination of winners and for communication with each entrant in relation to this activity. By providing the information requested, all entrants consent to third party organisation(s) using that information for the purposes outlined. The Promoters access and disclose the information to prize suppliers, for the purpose of communicating with entrants in relation to the promotion, to respond to regulatory authorities or if required by law. Entrants are not obliged to provide the information and can choose not to. If entrants do not provide the information, they are deemed ineligible to participate in the promotion.